Sunday, October 25, 2009

You, you and you

You’re like a big yawning fissure on the ground
One I didn’t see
I fell into that opening
And couldn’t climb back out
Why?
If I had never met you
Would you still be the one?
Because this love feels like a trapping
That is purely the result of circumstances.
Is this my end?
You?
What is it about you?
I did not know that I was going to fall like this…

This feeling of half-crazed desperation
For you to look at me and see me
This lack of oxygen
When you’re not around
This wanting to cry
Because I am never in your eyes, I
Cannot be the person you’d want
The impossibility of ‘us’
Of you and me.

Yet,
You, you and you
My day, my night
Filled with thoughts about you
My breath, my essence,
Feel lighter than air when you’re around
My heart, my soul,
Yours
Yes, you
They are all yours.
Somehow I’ve become all about you, you and you.

last published on 25 october 2009, 3:07am

No comments:

In her head

She looks over the city with eyes half closed. The wind blusters through her curls and whipped back her unbuttoned white shirt behind her. S...